View Single Post
Old April 9, 2011, 07:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla, Joe Root

Regarding the previous match:

I was happy with the result and effort barring a couple of things:

on a turning pitch like this, forget 270? 200 was always difficult to get for Bangladesh, especially against Australia. Perhaps we gave away 40 runs extra on the field in particular the last two overs and when initially the pacers were getting hammered!

We lost by 60 runs! This is far better than the Australia tour when we got out for 74 all out!

They batted sensibly and did a decent job.

Things i am upset about:

*)Mahmudullah Riyad should bat at #3(if he is still tried and kept in the squad) . The way he plays is that he builds an innings. He looks decent against both Pace and Spin. He can also rotate strike and play all around the park. We need more stability in the top order. I think he should be tried in #3.

*)Shahriar Nafees still has trouble against quality pacemen particularly early on. I would prefer to see Nafees at #4 after the 10th over when the new ball has lost some of its shine.

*) Kapali or Hom should be tried. We need some aggressive batsmen who can take pressure off our more dependable players! I was surprised not to see any of them.

*) Rokibul Hasan has lost that art of playing all around the park. this is why his strike rate is so low because his change in approach of the game since his rookie season means that he has not been able to hit the ball all around the park. I think he needs some serious time off the national team and sort this issue out. I still feel that he is a great batsmen and he still has time to improve.

the way we played, 230 was more than chase-able and gettable. provided that we had one more dependable aggressive batsmen and we conceded a few less runs on the field. otherwise I am proud of Shakib that he came back strongly as a captain and as a batsmen after a difficult world cup.

Alhamdulillah! I am happy and I am still optimistic about this tour! given we fix a couple of technical issues, we may be just may be able to win one of the two remaining ODIs!