View Single Post
Old June 4, 2007, 10:06 AM
First Class Cricketer

the selectors were not brave enough to take all the right decisions . they are going through a motion ; does not want to make drastical changes . I wonder whether ashraful had been given the opportunity to say a single word .

firstly , it has been very cruel unjustice to tushar . tushar should have been included in the test squad and excluded from the odi , i think . tushar had shown good form in longer version games with the A team . so , i think he deserves a call in the test squad . but , in the odi , i don't think he would have a single match to play or sneak into the playing 11 . so , once again , he would have a tour with no matches , probably . also including tushar in odi seems to me like the decision of asia 11 selectors giving bangladesh 4 players in the 20-20 while depriving us in the odi . to tushar , they would say , don't be upset . what if you are not in the test ? you are in the odi . now be happy .

then again , i think , for this series , shahriar nafees should have been rested to have a break , which is very needed for him right now . he must think about his game right now . tamim should have been in his place , i think . selectors were not brave to include him or they are prejudicious about attacking batsmen failing in test even after having sound technique .

thirdly , there is no need to two wicket-keepers . now , i think , it is time to say good byw to khaled masud . he will have his chance if he can prove his worth in the domestic games . but selectors thought otherwise or they have once again lacked boldness .tushar could have been in place of masud .

fourthly , if they were to include 4 pacers , i doubt whether sharif is a perfect choice . probably they thought that , he deserves another chance . dropping him after just one test would be unfair . if it is so , then they are right . but i wonder why they don't think this way for the case of tushar . and for the fourth pacer , i think in the next series someone else ... tapash , dollar , shafaq , shajada ... someone should be given a try .

lastly , sri lanka traditionally build very spin-favorable wicket . i can recall a test in colombo where there was turn for the spinners from day 1 . they probably do this for murli . although for bangladesh , might think otherwise and buid some less spinning wicket , i think , enamul jnr should have been included together with rafiq and razzaq , specially because it is a 3 test series . to include enamul , rasel or sharif could have been dropped .

my squad would have been .........

Md.Ashraful (C)
Mashrafe Mortaza (VC)
Javed Omar
Mehrab Hossain jnr.
Tamim Iqbal
Habibul bashar
Saqib al Hasan
Tushar Imran
Rajin Saleh
Mushfiq Rahim
Md.Rafiq
Abdur Razzaq
Enamul Haq jnr.
Shahadat Hossain
Sayed Rasel/Md.Sharif/Dollar Mahmud

Also , i think , habibul should come at number 5 instead of number 3 . rajin should be in 3 , ash in 4 .i would also be happy to have mahmudullah riayd in the test squad rather than oneday . in test , we need even more variation in bowling attack than in test . however , let's see how he does in the series . i hope he does well . we are badly in need of a right-arm offspinner/legspinner