View Single Post
Old November 5, 2013, 06:33 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Masrafi, Shakib, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
I don't think prosperity has anything to do with manners or etiquettes. I have come across more polite rickshaw pullers and day labourers than so called educated rich kids. MHRAM your elitist attitude is probably due to the education you have received which probably taught you to look down at the poor and blame them for all the ills of the society. You probably didn't have many poor friends or classmates who could have corrected your views. I might be completely wrong, but that's what I get reading your posts. suit.............................................. ...........................
Well said. I was also surprised and sad to see the elitist attitude of MHRAM. Now as far as the cricket culture is concerned, Bangladesh's cricket culture is quite matured. From 1947-71 BD was a part of a Test playing country. Dhaka hosted a number Test matches during that time. As an primary school kid I watched Pak-NZ test in 1970. Turner of NZ was playing his first test. On day one he scored 99. I saw people took flowers on the 2nd day and after he scored century people rushed to congratulate him with flowers (fans were allowed to go inside the field). There are plenty of reports in foreign media about the lively crowd of Dhaka (both before and after 1971). When I have time I will post the links of those reports.