Thread: Thanx to Dav
View Single Post
Old May 25, 2004, 07:36 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
It was time to discover the colourful side of Croft, owner of 125 wickets in just 27 Tests during the time of Andy Roberts, Michael Holding and Joel Garner. When the mechanical engineer cum airline pilot speaks, you listen. Suddenly an hour had passed and the deadlines were being stressed unwittingly.

"I was never a professional, but played a professional sport," he happily admits and has no regrets about leaving top-level cricket at just 30 in 1981. "I enjoy flying more than cricket. It's orgasmic at times. Maybe I'll buy a plane and start flying again. But I don't have the money now," said the former Caribbean Airlines pilot.

"You know, Bangladesh is the only cricket playing nation in the world where I haven't been yet," he says and then makes an assertion to warm the hearts of every Bangladeshi.

"I was there in Northampton when you beat Pakistan in the 1999 World Cup and I'll tell you something. Till this day, I have no doubts in my mind whatsoever that Bangladesh genuinely won that match."
Source: Dailystar

As I always said, those who saw the match live, knows it wasn't fixed. Croft agrees.

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by nasif]