View Single Post
Old July 25, 2010, 01:54 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Ya, take a 15 years project of buying Sperm of the great players of the world, make test tube babies, employ a coach from age 4 (Nursery) or direct feeder to Bat/Ball in case of carribean breeds. 15 years project, not that long. One year production time and next 14 years to make a debut at the age of around 14, like some greats have done. We will have all greats in one team. Now we can have a breeding plan and which origin should we use for which position.

Man, just because a coach couldn't deliver, we started undermining our own abilities. I didn't know that people were expecting miracles from JS and got it in the opposite direction. What were your basis of such blind expectqation, just because he was Australian? or you thought he was the architect of that great australian team? Man, he was just helping the players in practice by throwing ball, not teaching anything. I wish he just did that instead of talking and trying to make strategies... he never had any experience in life of doing these things.

Infact 2 years back we had discussions in BC, I and a couple of others were predicting these oucomes since his attitude and approach were all weird and beyond all conventional wisdom of cricket, but most of the people wanted to give him at least an year before any conclusions, but it was all quiet for 2 years and 8 months. Now you can see where we are going. Some good performances do come and will come when the opponents mess it up or players play out of teaching when they are stuck with the wall.

JS can't be credited for that. Not a single of his policy is workable. But don't worry, When a new coach comes, it may take a little bit time but it will be ok. I have faith in our players, they just need to be guided in the right direction, they will look different. I'm thankful to the unrecognize people at the domestic levels, who have provided us with some reasonaly good guys amidst all the short comings of our facilities & infrastructure. Have faith guys