View Single Post
Old March 11, 2010, 10:05 AM
Cricket Guru

I don't believe in too many team meetings: Ganguly

Quote:
"I'm a believer of execution and I'm not a firm believer of too many team meetings and too many ideas," the former India skipper said on the eve of Kolkata Knight Riders' Indian Premier League clash against defending champions Deccan Chargers.

"You have to let the player play to his strength. Everybody has his strength. They have been successful so far with the way they have played.

"We have good players in (Brad) Hodge, (Owais) Shah, Angelo Mathews. Obviously we will miss McCullum and Gayle. But we will wait for them. Gayle should be here very shortly."

There was a fitness concern over speedster Ajit Agarkar and it will be known, on Friday, whether he can play, Ganguly said. "Yes, there's a fitness issue over Ajit. We will deal with it tomorrow," he said.

The former national skipper was full of praise for the role of Pakistan great Wasim Akram in working with his team's bowling department. Asked about the impact the ex-Pakistan captain had on his team he said, "Great impact".

"He's working with the bowlers. Our bowling department is very well looked after. Hopefully we can get some runs on the board," he said.

Elaborating he said, "We have lot of good quicks in our team who can actually go and play for India at some stage. Ishant (Sharma) is already playing for India. (Ashok) Dinda has played a game. He's in the reckoning.

"We got Varun Aaron. Once he's fit and once we get him on the park, he bowls (at) nearly 90 miles an hour. He's a bright prospect," he remarked.