View Single Post
Old October 29, 2006, 07:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_B
This is not really an end to anything. It is only the beginning of more chaos. Iazuddin is probably the MOST GUTLESS president in BD history... and has been a well-known puppet of the former BNP govt. The role of a Chief Advisor demands ultimate self-determination.
If not the most, definitely one of them. However I pity this poor fellow, I doubt he realize at the end of the day he will be the first causality of war from one way or other. This is the same guy who pardoned a convicted (In Bangladesh Court) BNP murderer (living in Sweden) at the pressure of BNP so that he can come back and visit Bangladesh.

He is already by default a 'not impartial person'. Unless he over compensate agreeing AL demands, his impartiality will always be questioned. On the other hand, if he is too lean to AL demands, his big bosses in BNP will be mad at him.

Either way he is a sitting duck.

And Yes, I agree, it's not the end, but just the beginning of the chess game. BNP is in no mood to make the interim government or EC impartial identity what is supposed to be in the first place. They manipulated and corrupted the process from the beginning. Why is that? I guess they are not as confident as before that they are capable to win the election like the last time when they win by public vote.

Last edited by Fazal; October 29, 2006 at 07:30 PM..