View Single Post
Old April 28, 2014, 05:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
We're screwed either way. There is a world cup in 9 months time and we'll have a new coach and new a system. In fact, I'll bet no one will be willing to take this job and we'll have some other Z list no-name coach who will be named interim HC and then become full time HC sometime before the WC.

Doesn't look good.

BCB is clueless, thinking of hiring consultants. Consultant is another word for free loading jackass. Saqlain ought to return his paycheck.
Best news of the year bro. Clearly BCB wasnt going to pull the trigger. Either they didnt want to pay compensation, or some members seriously thought Jurgensen would be able to pull Bangladesh out. Thankfully he has made the job easier for us.

Bangladesh cricket team doesnt have severe flaws that ll take years to correct. We need an individual to get them working as a unit, get them working according to a plan, instill more discipline, play more role on the tactical aspects. And most importantly someone who can motivate the players. I ve said it before. Even a B or C Grade coach will be able to do a better job than SJ. If BCB is willing to dish out a good salary, i am pretty sure we ll be able to land someone good.

9 months is a lot of time. A reasonably good coach can change thing in a matter of months. Lets not forget we didnt do all that badly prior to Asia Cup.

But i absolutely agree with you the consultants bit. BCB is going overboard. Bringing in Wasim Akram or Saurav Ganguly for a couple of weeks wont do any good. Instead target someone lower profile who can work with the players for a longer period. Batting or bowling these are not things that can be taught in a couple of sessions. Someone needs to grind or drill these techniques to players day and night, for months.