View Single Post
Old April 18, 2012, 11:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Gowza mate since your an Aussie we should talk about your team as well. I'll give my opinions about some of the players. I believe that Cowan is more of a stop gap solution and the selectors should be looking at other options. Warner is a superb talent but is still far too edgy for a Test batsmen. He definitely has to tighten up his technique if he wants to become a class batsman. That being said, he's still young and has time to work on his game but has a long ways to go. I have to say that Watson has been a huge disappointment so far in his Test career but hasn't been surprising. His technique is not nearly compact enough to be a top order batsman at this level. It seems you can drive a truck through bat-pad gap. I believe he also has to work on his technique if he wants to become a class batsman. I hate say this because Ponting is a legend but maybe this is the time to go? If there is another high class talent coming in, he should probably hang up his boots and give that talent a go. Clarke and Hussey are performing beautifully as usual. Wade is also another guy that should be invested time in. I'm glad they decided to let Haddin go and give this young guy chances. He's got a ways to go but this experience should do him good.

As for the Aussie bowling, you guys seem really set with the pacers. Siddle, Hilfy, Harris are all veteran guys and not slowing down at all. Then you have the young pacers in Pattinson, Starc and Cummins who all have immense potential and will do really well for years to come. As for the spinners, Lyon is starting to come up very nicely which is great to see. He might not become an all time great but I definitely believe he'll be solid. Beer, however doesn't seem to be the long term answer and the selectors should look for another spinner who can perform well when they are in need of 2 spinners in a match.

What is your opinion about this team?