View Single Post
Old December 28, 2012, 12:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Captain's Relief

Bashar had let his team down yet again. The lazy man of international cricket needed to make a dive. His body needed to be parallel to the ground, and arms extended to the fullest, so the bat could reach the crease. Instead, what he did could be best described as taking an evening stroll. Gently ambling down the pitch, when he should have made a frantic effort to get back.

That night, these scenes vividly haunted his mind. "Why can't I get myself to run faster? "Why can't I get myself to dive?" "What will the team think of me, and worse still, what if they take my example?" Bashar was a slow man, but right now his mind was pacing at 100 mph. And the most damaging thought that came to his mind was regarding his own future. "What if the selectors get tired of my laziness, and kick me out of the team? "What will I do?" "How will I provide for my family?" There was pauper's money in first class and list A cricket.

All this worrying made him tense, he went to the bathroom to take a leak. There something bizarre happened. His reflection in the mirror started talking to him.His bladder emptied on the spot! The fright was intolerable. " I'm Habibul Bashar from 2012, Bd national team selector" This was no illusion, Future Bashar had indeed come to relay the message to himself that his future was secure. After some time the captain came to this realization and started to feel much better. "Thank you so much". "Thank you oh so very much". "Now I can continue my sloth like ways".