Thread: Mirpur Stadium
View Single Post
Old August 17, 2006, 06:37 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkEye000
Our company is working on the construction part (pavalion, dressing room, hospitality box, etc) of the Mirpur Stadium and I just talked over phone(as i dont live in bd) with the project engineer of that project and he told me that we are scheduled to hand it over on 31st August. The inital delay was due to NSC's delay in giving the work order (it happens as every official desire to get some money before they give the green signal for anything). Though we got the project from BCCB (and its consultant) but as it is being funded by NSC so they were the one giving the work order. So after we got the contract there was a 4-5 month delay before NSC gave the work order and any work on the project started.

But there are still some interior related work to be done and it was not part of our contract and BCCB is soon going to float a tender for that. But whoever gets that it shouldn't take long.

Another construction company got the contract for outfield, drainage etc and it was completed a couple of months back. A few crore taka was spent just on that alone, so the outfield and drainage sytem should be quite good too.

So the stadium would surely be ready by the time Zimbabwe comes in November. But everything may not look good from the outside and as the BCCB normally goes for beautification projects just before any foreign team's tour.
Thank you very much for the information