View Single Post
Old March 19, 2008, 02:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayizmi
if Ashraful comes in at 4... I can't see him playing without risks consistently, and most of his best innings have been agressive. And if all three at the top get out playing risky shots, the middle order will have to face the new ball. Other than that, it seems ok.
His 3 Best Innings IMO 100 vs Australia (win) 87 vs South Africa (win) and his 50 vs Sri Lanka (win) had very little risk he Went Pagla in the final 5 overs vs SA but thats what expected and his fine leg paddle isn't a high risk shot IMO. And did you see the corralation in between Him playing sensibly and wins?

Why do I rate these higher than his 94 vs England or his 70 vs NZ or even his Kamakize 67* vs Kenya? Those matches had no impact on the game, No way were chasing 390 ... ash had nothing to lose just played the Ininings of his life and just Pulled and hooked everything he saw. His 70 should have been 130* and was hooking every short ball he saw he broke the same Team rules we are talking about (I remember siddons saying that) and 67* Small Targe match was pretty much in the bag.

Last edited by cricman; March 19, 2008 at 03:02 PM..