View Single Post
Old April 29, 2007, 12:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
I'm not saying them to stop performing. It's not the performance, it's lack of human touch.
Australians are so professional and perfect, it's really boring to watch their domination. It's like "Auto Pilot" said by Ponting himself.
Miraz, I disagree. I think it is both entertaining and enlightening to see a team function as a well-oiled machine, day in and day out, and not just depend on one or two superstars to save the day, and then only if they are in form. I believe the Australian style of cricket is what we should try to emulate -- fitness, tight fielding, aggressive but intelligent batting and running (note that I said intelligent; I'm not talking about being just aggressive a la Tamim), and attacking bowling (we are well on the way to this, but we need our fielders to complement the bowling consistently, not just on the day we're playing India).

While it is enjoyable to see a sublime innings from an excellent batsman, that only wins you one or two matches; it doesn't make you one of the dominant teams.