View Single Post
Old May 8, 2014, 01:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

FT: Valladolid 1 - 1 Real Madrid

I'm still undecided on Benzema. On his day he looks like a world beater. And then there are days were he plays shocking football. With Benzema it's not about how good he can play, it's about how consistently he can play cos i don't doubt his abilities at all. But however is he Real Madrid's long term striker? I don't think so. I'd rather we make Benzema a bench player and get someone like a Suarez, Aguero or Rooney who can put in consistent performances and not drift in and out of games.

Benzema in the absence of Ronaldo and Bale should have taken control of the attack but has played poorly. Another option we can consider instead of purchasing another world class striker is playing Bale as a central forward and putting Jese on the right wing. It's worth experimenting especially when Bale flourished in that role at Tottenham and Jese is a fantastic player who deserves more minutes. Btw Morata has looked terrible in the last 2 games. Same as Illara. Ancelotti should not play Illara and Alonso in the midfield at the same time. Casemiro should be given the chance to play the whole game a defensive midfielder.