View Single Post
Old January 25, 2004, 01:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara
Default Sign of good team

You can never judge a book by its cover, but when the cover is so richly decorated it is difficult not to. What I mean is that a good team is one in which everyone contributes. I don't mean by this everyone gets a 20 or 30. I mean that someone will always get a 100 or 5 wicket haul. Someone will always be at the party if the others are late arriving! This is a trait that the most good teams have acquired. Aussies have had it for goodness knows how long and they haven't lost it yet. SA have it to a lesser extent with Pollock and Boucher. Not many teams have it, a few are one out all out and some just lack the required team spirit. For this you need to have players who delight in each other's successes. In-fighting and doubt over your place does not help this.

In accordance with this "good team" highlight, how would you judge our current Bangladesh team? Will Bashar click like before? Will the middle order batting collapse be prevented? Will the pacers bowl all their hearts with more accurate line and length? Will Rafique go for 5 wickets haul again? Do we have any hope in Zimbabwe tour? I still don't find any! Please help!!