View Single Post
Old February 11, 2012, 07:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Considering his usual T20 performances, particularly with the bat, I'd say Shakib did more than alright! 42 off 31 and 4-0-25-1 is definitely a good return, with his pasting of Sunny and his own first and third overs being memorable. It was good to see him take singles and score the occasional boundary - a recipe that works so well for him in the ODI format but one he seems to forget in T20.

He did drop a sitter, which was disappointing, but his ground fielding and captaincy more than made up for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_1_primeval_man
Hahaha. What a batting line up DG had. They bat so deep down the order, even no 11 can bat. Still couldn't win. Great team performance. A. Russel was outstanding and Shak was all round as usual along with excellent captaincy.
Agree. My observation is actually it was Shakib who played the major role in this win !!! He came to bat at a very crucial point but paced out his innings well and also stopped the collapse.. though he didn't hit many boundaries but he maintained a strike rate of more than 100, that was the innings required by KRB and that was his role I guess. While bowling gave the 1st breakthrough and don't know if you remember he brought down the run rate drastically at a time when DG was going strong !! As a captain, his field placement and bowlers changes were just as vital !!! Soo all in all it was a Shakib show but was overshadowed by Russel's quickfire 37 and imp 4 wickets !!!

Last edited by oronnya; February 11, 2012 at 01:50 PM..