View Single Post
Old May 17, 2019, 10:16 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
1st Match South Africa:- I am sad that we are facing SA this early in the WC, if only we met them in the latter stages and if there were a situation where SA had to win against us to qualify for the Semis, we can bet on them to Choke..but this early I dont think we can beat them.

Result Prediction:-100% towards SA

2nd Match NewZeland:- We have never beaten NZ in world cup but I think the 2017 CT win will give us huge confidence going forward to this match. NZ might win but it wont be one sided and we might even pull it off.

Result Prediction:- 50-50 to both team

3rd Match England:- we defeated England in last 2 world cups but rule of thumb has to come to play right? specially with Eng in red hot form. I am sure after 2 WC defeats Eng would take us on with full priority. I just cant see us getting a hattrick of win vs Eng here.

Result Prediction:-100% towards Eng

4th Match Srilanka:- We should win this, If we play to our potential we should win. but it wont be just come and role over SL. We are not at that place. It will be a good match.

Result Prediction:-70% towards Bangladesh 30% Srilanka

5th Match WestIndies:- Uff this is a tough one. We have had the better of WI in last couple of matches but don't know why It feels to me we had the better of them in places that did not matter and they will have the better of us in the place that matters(i.e the WC). With batting friendly pitches and big hitters like gayle russle haytmair, pooran I wont bet against Windies totally.

Result Prediction:-60% towards Westindies 40% Bangladesh

6th Match Australia:- our record against the ozzies is really bad in the WC, not only we lost every match, we lost to them quite comprehensively. But that team was the ATG team of Australia. The current team is not as strong but I feel the history wont change this time.

Result Prediction:-
100% towards Aus

7th Match Afghanistan:- uff another tough one to call. if we can handle Rashid,Mujib and Nabi there is no reason we should not win this match. I think at this point of the WC Afg might be out and we might have a slim chance to qualify if we win. this puts added pressure to our players where Afg will play with a free mind. this can be a factor.

Result Prediction:-70% towards Bangladesh 30% Afghanistan

8th Match India:- This match depends on the status of the two teams at this point of the WC. If India is already through to the semi they will rest many of their players and play with a free mind. I dont think we can beat India in this case. but if this match means something to India like they need to win to qualify then this will turn out to be a slobber knocker. after 2015 WC almost every BD vs IND important match(i.e finals, T20 WC match where India needed to win) has been very close. It went down to the wire or at least for a certain period of the match Indian supporters were worried(even the biggest BD hater and Indian Supporter will have to agree with that).

Result Prediction:-I will give two prediction here if this is a dead rubber match than 100% towards India, they can drop kholi/Rohit/Bumrah/B.Kumar still they will win. If this is a qualification Match for India then 65% to India 35% to Bangladesh.

9th Match Pakistan:- I think at this point we will be out of the WC. Pak might also be out or need to win this match to stay in contention for Semi. We have had the better of Pak for last couple of matches and I think the trend will not die here with our players in free mind. but if this match turns out to be a virtual quarterfinal some how then most likely we will choke

Result Prediction:-if we are out of the WC then 70% towards Bangladesh 30% Pakistan. if Somehow we and Pak both are in contention for a semi spot,knowing our choking history and Pak who usually dont choke in these cases, my prediction will be 80% towards Pak and 20% towards BD
What a pessimist