View Single Post
Old May 9, 2014, 12:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Dear Dr. Kazi uncle, salaam...I know wasn't available when you asked everyone for help on this and it is too late for me to give input. But I will write it anyway...

Currently BC Forum structure looks like as below:

BanglaCricket Forum:

Forum:
+Cricket:
+Match Archive:
+BanglaCricket Awards:
+Simulation and Fantasy Cricket:

Other Sports:

Miscellaneous:
+Forget Cricket:
+Get Togethers:
+Support:
+Announcements:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In my mind, I think, if the structure is laid out this way, it makes better sense to me…

BanglaCricket Forum:

Forum:
+Cricket:
++Bangladesh Cricket:
++Non-Bangladesh Cricket:
++Women’s Cricket:
+Match Thread Archive: (Read Only)
+BanglaCricket Awards:
+Simulation and Fantasy Cricket:

Other Sports:

Miscellaneous:
+Life Outside of Cricket:
+BC Socials - Get Together:
+Support and Help:
+Announcements:

So it is basically the same as you have it except for the “Cricket” section. I think there should be a separation between “Bangladesh cricket” and “Non-Bangladesh cricket” related threads. These cricket related threads are the major bulk of the threads that this forum (BC) carries, and I think it would have been better to have those two things separated for better shuffling through.
Bangladesh Cricket - I would go there for information related to: Any local matches, BD(men’s) international matches, BCB, All BCB arranged tourneys (age group etc.), BKSP, Stadium renovation updates, Ticket price – scalping, Players’ birth – death, match-fixing everything. Everything that DIRECTLY concerns BD cricket OR Cricket in BD, same thing.

Non-Bangladesh Cricket - I would go there to read upon everything cricket related that not a single BD person’s had hand in.

Women’s Cricket - As Women’s cricket following is still contained within a relatively small group of followers here in BC, this is where all women’s cricket related threads would reside - both BD women’s cricket and international Non-Bangladesh women’s cricket related. If the following grows larger in BD some day, maybe you will split them up then and create independent sub-forums for them. But I think we should have a separate Women’s Cricket section in BC, as the BD women’s team’s contribution in the world of cricket is on the rise.

Thank You Dr. Kazi uncle, and that’s all I have to add.