View Single Post
Old July 15, 2009, 12:19 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
he's played 49 test matches so far, i would still find it hard to drop him because he's the most likely of the team to score a century despite his inconsistency. if a couple of others like shakib or junaid or rahim can get a century or if tamim can get another one then i'd be much more at ease with dropping ashraful. i do think it's a must to drop him but i have this battle where i keep saying he's the most likely century maker (thus the most likely to make a big score)..
I know you are one of most involved foreigners here at BC and you like stats. As we all can see people here calling for Raqibul's head when he scored 32 in two innings and trying to find excuse for Ashraful to stay in the team despite only producing 9 runs. Less than one third of Raqibul's. If even Shakib scores 9 runs in a test match people will call for his head. But Oh 'no. Not Ashraful. He will score a century, a fifty. The key is hope has nothing to do with reality. Have you seen the way he gets out? How do you expect he would do something different? Luck only ride few times. We saw that in T20 as well.

How is this for a stat. 95 innings 15 ducks. 6.33 match per duck. 5 centuries. 19 match between centuries. Last 10 innings no ducks but had a century. What is around the corner waiting for him? Duck or a century? You can figure it out.

I only blame Ashraful may be 10%. The rest falls on the selectors, hyped media and blind fans. May be some blind Board members also. They can be included with the fans as well.