View Single Post
Old December 11, 2012, 04:38 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

india have done well for many many years with poor pacers. mash, rubel and nazmul should be solid enough. now for BD batsmen facing pace, well WI still has some pretty good pacers in roach and rampaul and BD still won so they might not be as strong against pace as other teams but they still pulled out the series win and don't forget narine is quite a good ODI bowler so the fact that BD could pull out a 5 match series win against an attack with quality pace and quality spin suggest they're quite decent. i realise it's home conditions but that's all we have to judge on from this series, let's not make assumptions for other conditions yet.

as far as not being full strength. johnson charles averages 19 with a strike rate of 68 in 8 ODI innings and his list A stats are similar just he's played more matches, so you can hardly boast that him being in the team makes it any more full strength than it was. ramdin averages a bit better than thomas but still he's not a match changer with 3 half centuries in 71 ODI innings at a strike rate of 75 and averaging 20. dwayne bravo is the bigger loss but who would he have replaced? smith, pollard or simmons probably. simmons has a much better batting average, whilst pollard and smith have similar batting averages but slightly poorer bowling averages. so i reckon you could argue that dwayne bravo being there could have made the team slightly stronger but he still only has a batting average of 24, might have added slightly with the ball. but to say the team isn't full strength, it pretty much is bar maybe one player who may or may not have performed at a better output than the players he could have played in place of.

also shakib was missing all series and WI couldn't pull out the series win so they lost to an under strength BD team. plus i'm sure shakib's contribution would have been greater or at least equal to dwayne bravo's.

Last edited by Gowza; December 11, 2012 at 05:18 AM..