View Single Post
Old June 27, 2011, 09:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBW103
Are you serious? It's an advantage to have the national Head Coach as having no, or little coaching experience? Isn't it a disaster?

This is the national coach of a Test Team not a junior side. Massive experiment by the BCB this one and a huge gamble of resources. Would have been easier to wait for people to become available in my opinion and not be under pressure to appoint someone.

Should have left Grant Luden in charge as he is at the moment and waited for a key coach with experience in both leading as head coach and also a great batting coach.

We now have someone with no experience is either department to speak of. Such a huge huge gamble that we wanted to avoid after the WC.

And also be ready for a rush of Aussie coaches being brought in under him as he brings in colleagues and friends.
You misread me. Advantage for him.. we are not expecting him to make us world beater like we did when Whatmore or Siddons got hired... I am talking about him. Of course I agree with you on BCB has screwed us over.. but thats not his fault you know.