View Single Post
Old February 11, 2010, 05:24 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paagla
Sometimes, comment like this i wonder "what is the average age of the people in this forum?". A century in NZ, just after only 10 innings in ODI with strike rate of 74 is of course good. Just becuase 20/20 has become popular and u can score quickly on indian pitches mean u can do that anywhere. Look at Micheal clarke's SR's in the recent matches against Pakistan. Against good quality bowling strike rate of 74 is obviously good.

AGAINST GOOD QUALITY BOWLING? YOU CALL NEW ZEALAND'S CURRENT BOWLING LINE UP "GOOD QUALITY BOWLING"? NEW ZEALAND PLAYED WITHOUT SHANE BOND, OBRIEN, CHRIS MARTIN, KYLE MILLS.

bangladesh faced a 2nd tier bowling line up and yet imrul wasted 138 balls to score 101 runs.

i am not a twenty20 fan, but a die hard ODI fan.

a strike rate of below 80 in an odi innings can not be good. that ground was a small ground, most of the time people score at a strike rate of 90+ in that ground i believe. wasting 138 balls to score 101, not very convincing. i am not saying he did bad, i am saying it is not good enough to outperform a top team.

around 240 is not a good score in that ground, i repeat.

we need players like imrul kayes but the strike rate has to improve if bangladesh wants to beat top teams.

Last edited by wasi90lkv1; February 11, 2010 at 05:31 PM..