View Single Post
Old January 16, 2008, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
I am very sorry Obayed bhai,
ei ekta bishoye apnar shathe ek mot hote parlam na...

I, for one, didnt expect too much from this series. Yes, may be one odi win and a good battle on the other two before going down. But thats about it. I wasnt up any miracle.

In test, some improvement.
May be playing 5 days in both tests, not 6(3.5 + 2.5) days in two tests.

May be atleast one century from someone. (tamim and junaed went close to that achievement).
May be a fifer from one of the bowlers. ( Mashree got 4 in the first innings of the first test).
May be not another innings defeat.
May be not another innings defeat of over 100 runs.
May be something to cheer about.

I didnt expect the team to win the test matches, all i wanted is some respectful performance.

...and yes we are capable of beating any team in odi. We have shown the world we can do that and nz was no exception.

Hec we loose so often, and so badly that it doesnt even ring any bells.
It doenst break any hearts.
It doesnt ruin any sleep.

But it does hurt the pride, it does break the hearts when we get beaten within 7 overs!!

Thats where i guess lies the difference between fan's expectation and reality.

Our expectations are forceably getting so low everyday that soon there would be nothing to be hopeful about. This type of performances was ok back in 2001-2004, not in 2008.

To qoute Sohel bhai, "magar tui fifty kyemne korli ?" has become the million dollar question.

7 years,50 test matches and 100+ odies after, if we cant afford to dream a little big, i dont know when we can.
Sydney...I know how you feel. Realy I do. But, pls. don't burn yourself too much.
As Ahmed Bhai said:
"At the end of the day... it is only a sport. Not a matter of our existence or identity."
> My photographs @ flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/obayedh/

Last edited by kalpurush; January 16, 2008 at 02:55 PM..