View Single Post
Old February 11, 2010, 04:13 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
... but as a batsman there is no excuse for how recklessly he gives away his wicket most of the time.
he is reckless because his predesesors didn't teach him anything. He is learning on fly. Those fools did their thing and wasn't punished. Coaches, mentors, other players ask them to play their natural game. improvise and play with an instinct. hit the bad ball etc. How many times do you hear the people surrounding the cricket team ask them to play their natural game with minimum risk? May be once or twice I have heard it from Siddons but that is about it. At the age of 22 How reckless was Watson?
+++
Sorry to hijack the thread but I have to.

Shakib is a man Army. He has the confidence in him to take on the whole world. He just don't have the guidance surrounding him. That video guy is worth of crap if you ask me. He should be leading the team with strategies. He is one who should let players know how they should play and why they should play every ball. Theirs' and opponents strength and weakness analysis should be his responsibility to begin with.

Ingram: No feet movement at all before he touches the ball. Very good at cut shots. Commentators have already figured out how Australia would play him. Straight with heavy on leg side. he is done. We on the other hand played him like McCullam with balls at off and away. Playing to his strong side. He got settled and creamed some mighty blow through point and gully.
Guptil: This chap is strong in the V and an excellent runner between the wickets. Field placing was poor. Shafiul ten yards in the 30 why? Ash backing off?

Shakib's batting issues (weaknesses): He pulls to long leg and gets out. That is his favorite way of getting out. Even though he is great at his off. Cover drives are jaw dropping.

Ash's slip catching practice batik is still there.

Video proof makes sure the players understand what they are up against. Their own demons and how to tackle them. The first job is to provide all the resources in a correct way. Then and only then these players can correct their mistakes.

We always talk about when will they learn or why why why? We never provide them with concrete evidence.

In US most of the game plans are done in the video room. Any professional team sports. Even most of the ameture games. It provies info on the fields, its nature, weather, ball condition, players weakness and strenghts and how to tackle them and force them in to mistakes.

As I mentioned several times our "video/stat guy" is the first Key to all success at this level.