View Single Post
Old February 12, 2010, 10:04 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

T_E, how do you know the Video guy ( Nasu Bhai?) doesn't do his job? Though as stereotype, Bangalis always get complacent once their job is secure...maybe get some video analyst from US college baseball teams..

There's no excuse for Sakib to bat as irresponsively as he is currently. I believe he's trying to get out of a rut he feels he's having by smashing the ball, instead of taking his time. He's crap compared to Watson, or even Tamim in batting on current forms. His batting was never too classical anyways.

In bowling, I'd have to say that Watson guy doesn't have anything close to the magnitude of affect his performance has on the team compared to Sakib. Sakib's the No.1 bowler. Watson's prob not much better than Oram.

I wouldn't be jumping up and down about the No.1 all-rounder or No.4 test ranking for long Sakib. Its about winning games. You are however ten times as important to us as Watson is to the Aussies. Please fix your approach in batting. If you need to bat with carefree attitude, bat at No.7 or No.8 . the team needs you to lead by example. At Vettori and Watson's age, you'd prob be a legend. But for now, just enjoy your cricket.

P.S: I dislike Watson to the extreme, mainly due to his unsporting behaviour that I've noticed many times. As a World XI all-rounder, I'd pick Dan Vettori first. Sakib can spin, but question right now is can he bat? Or has his flaws been found out?