View Single Post
Old December 2, 2011, 11:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma_o_mati
ya but i still think that they are better than Nayeem, Nafees or Riyad...

In Bd's case the A-team performance doesn't transferred into good national team performance and vice-versa...most of the players that do good in the domestic or A-team sucks when they come to the the national team...

Jahurul looked solid batsman with good techniques against the likes of bresnan, swann
and anderson..

Jahurul, Shuavagoto showed guts in those little times they were in the national team...they didnt play like sissies...
All the players looked good in the beginning of their careers though. I mean Naeem and Riyad also looked very good in the beginning. Rokibul was also very good. However, they then get figured out and struggle to adjust their games. Unfortunately it seems the same has happened to both Jahurul and Shuvagata. All our players do have ability but most of them struggle to translate that as you know. So even though Jahurul and Shuvagata and Jahurul looked good, I have my doubts that they can continue the success. I haven't given up hope completely on Hom yet though. I still think he's a developing player and needs more A team games before we can fully judge him. Jahurul on the other hand has failed many times now on the A team circuit.

I really do judge A team stats really highly. It's the step right below the highest level of cricket and it gives us a clear indicator of how each player will do at the national team level. If you see Tamim, Shakib, and Mushy, they all have very good averages in the FC's for the A team. On the other hand, if you see how Junaid, Jahurul, and Rokibul did, you can see how bad they did. So not performing in the A team can really give you doubts about players.