View Single Post
Old March 26, 2015, 11:32 AM
Cricket Sage

Now that S Sarkar has some exposure and success, I would like to stay with him for an extended time until he start showing sign of not improvement. the Goal is let him play and grow over time, let him make those 30s into 50s and then slowing making those 50s into 100s. let us see how he learn to extend his innings when he is set (like Anamul). At this point I am not worried about the technical aspect of his game, he is technically better than most of out batsman already, its his temperament and experience that is needed.

At this point I will wait before moving him to opining slot. In the world cup I wanted it, as we didn't have all the other options. now that the WC is over, we should try some of the young kids (Litton, Rony, etc) and see if find another S. Sarkar or not. if these experiment fails and Tamim and/or Anamul fail address their issues, only then I would try him as opener.

For us to compete with the big boys in a meaningful way, we must address the RR issue in first 10 overs. And that needs at-least one attacking opener, and the supporting opener (if not attacking) need to know how to rotate the strike and not become a RR liability.