View Single Post
Old November 18, 2012, 11:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindieFan
Our only issue will be whether the selectors choose to play with six batters now after the scare we had in the first test, had Deonarine been in the side i highly doubt we would have got bowled out for 273 in the second innings, the problem is if he comes in it's likely to be for a spinner, Permaul done very well on debut so i'm not sure he will be dropped, while Narine is one of our key players so he's not likely to be dropped either,

Personally i'd go in with six batters, it was too close for comfort in the last game and we've got a lead to protect now, i'd rather have the batting security than to be sweating on the last day again, although to be fair we won without any contribution from Samuels and Gayle in both innings and Chanders in the second, i can't see the first two failing that badly again in the second test but who knows!!,

All in all my gut tells me they'll probably go in with the same team as the first test, i just hope that if we bat first and get a big score we don't foolishly decare early again.
I don't see Narine getting dropped nor Permaul, who doesn't deserve to be dropped. Supposing Gayle and Samules hit form in the 2nd Test, someone has to lose form. You'll never see an innins where all 6 guys score centuries. I'll admit Sammy's declaration was a bit early, but had he waited till 627 to declare, the match would very likely have ended in a draw.

#OneTeam1Dream