View Single Post
Old September 2, 2005, 09:06 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by national_zoo
I am not dissapointing as Mr. Tharanga (pls correct the spell if I am mistaken) the opener was dropped in 1st ODI and in 2nd ODI by Shahriar and Manjarul Rana in slip catching position! As I believe still these players are learning and and at their beginning of career!

What else we have got better than these twos? You guys seen the slip missed catches before by Bashar, Javed Omor, Tushar Imran, Mashrafe?
What is the lacking behind them after so much training and training? What Dave Whatmore can do if some one missed by his concentration in slip position while there is a regulation catches?
Manarul is a good catcher but not consistent in slip, any body seen the way back sided catch he took today? Its simply great! But, I am not sure what is ours best slip catcher players for 3rd ODI? Bashar is always a late divers, so Shahriar, wiith Manjarul okay? Let the things going worst to their two shoulders, as they already got the heat of not getting Tharanga from last two games, half century and century today!
Do you think we need to call Ian Chappen once again to coatch on fielding! Its horrible, and painful as well!
I do not think 4 catches were fallen and two run out in 1st ODI! If these were taken, the game could go to a different dimension!
And, today, 2 (Rana & Mashud), and one stamping chance were missed!
If I am not going to the different story, please do something to the slips position for 3rd ODI, and specially for Tharanga!
Let's call Ian Chappen & complain/consult /request him about what more our coach can do to stop the' horrible & painful as well' things & ALSO to be our coatch on fielding once again.(shesh barer moto...Akheri request!!)

by the way, do u've Ian Chappen's phone number? i burned my phone-index in anger watching them play which was horrible & painful as well .