View Single Post
Old September 23, 2010, 03:08 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Having talked to several former and current players from the north-eastern division, there is no doubt that off the field issues have played a major part in Sylhet's continuous decay. Chief among them is the absence of a cricket league in Sylhet for several years. According to Kapali, it is hard to recognise talent without a proper league structure.
It makes me cry reading this. I spent many days watching games in Sylhet stadium played couple of games for my school at that ground in 1990 and 1991 and I can tell you I was not good enough at that age to play for a league team.
What happened to teams like Anirban, Sylhet Gymkhana :Gulam Farukh Suru was regular at that club and Apollo: Akram Khan on his early days was regular when he was not playing for Dhaka Abahani or his club in Chittagong.

I consider myself very lucky to be brought up in Sylhet,Bangladesh in that era. I could have went to school in UK, which would have meant not liking cricket at all. Could have been all football for me even though I like the game also. No, how can I think of my life without cricket.

I feel sad and ashamed of myself as Sylhety who cant do anything to help those cricketer.