View Single Post
Old January 15, 2014, 04:15 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar, Klusner

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
What does 'no disadvantage' mean? That we will start off with Test status but have to fight to keep it? Lol, just when we were actually starting to compete. I think its a great idea if it means IRE and AFG get to play Tests but terrible if there is even a chance we could lose status and the few chances to play the top 4 teams. Lets see how the BCB handles this. My guess is teams like WI, NZ, SL, PAK will not stand for an official second tier status. Unfortunately I can see that IND, AUS, and ENG will have the only 3 votes that count. A drawn series vs SL should go some ways to pressing our case. ZIM may have won a fluke Test against PAK, but if we can draw 5 Tests out of 6 over the course of a year we can make a case for ourselves.

I hope 2 tiers of 6 is one possible proposal.
By no disadvantage I guess they mean that teams in Div 2 if want to play tests with Div 1 can go ahead. So if Zim convinces Aus to tour them then it is allowed. Also the voting structure and the massive ICC funding to Full Members will not change.

On the tiers I prefer Tier 1 of 8 teams and Tier 2 of 4 to 6 teams. Initially BD might go in Div 2 as per present ranking but they have every chance to make it to Div 1 in few years. In Div 1 it will get good chances to play the Top teams. If the Tiers are made 6 each them it makes it very difficult for BD to reach Div 1.