View Single Post
Old October 4, 2013, 05:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
So my buddy in Dhaka tells me he got Link3 Fibre to the Home for Tk.1000 installation charge.

and the rate plans are as such:

1mbps unlimited is tk.1400 per month
1.5 mbps unlimited tk.2000
2mbps unlimited is tk.3500

I'm actually jealous/annoyed.... last year I was going through too much pain getting a decent internet connection that wouldnt rip me off big time. Agni had good speed, but horrible quota. I fought pretty hard to get Banglalion Wimax indoor modem and set that up which my mother now uses. I gave up 512kbps of bandwidth for higher latency but I got unlimited upload and download which is must for skype.

Now that link3 is offering this, I will take this up next time I am back in Bangladesh.
That sounds good. Thinking of getting that for my in-laws then.

Btw, I found mobile internet to still be rubbish. BanglaLink, GP, Airtel - it's very difficult to get APN settings. They each have numbers you can dial to get it sent to your phone,but never come through! Once you set up the APN manually, getting a good signal is next biggest challenge. In one area, you get net, in another are you don't! And, speeds are like 2kbps download.

Whos' the best network for good net speeds these days and how much does it cost ?