View Single Post
Old May 24, 2007, 02:24 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Its really unfortunate that BC forum members still judge our players based on their own liking. If you disagree, then can you explain why some people still advocate to drop Rajin and Javed Omar despite their good performances? More pathetic is the fact that not a single member appreciated Rajin's knock of 41. Didn't he steadied our innings when we were tottering at 30-3 or something like that? Wake up guys, Saleh is playing international cricket almost after 10 months.

Some members are arguing that it is the runs that matters at the end of the day. Not agree, because the statement is not applicable for test matches. Test matches is not about Do or Die. Here you have another option and that is 'draw'.

As for the strike rotation, Tamim, Aftab may be better rotator than Hablu, Golla, and Saleh, but if you get yourself out ealry, then your strike-rotating ability makes no sense at all.

Another unfortunate fact is that people forgive players of their own liking very easily and don't hesitate a bit in overlooking their mistakes.I have seen this happening again and again. We all know how strong was the support behind SN even after his poor form in the World Cup. Despite got out for playing an irresponsible shot, ASHFOOL supporters are forgiving him saying that ASH was unfortunate victim of a superb athletic catch. Guys, those type of athletic catch is not unfamiliar in cricket.

Before I conclude, I would like to remind that I am not against these young tigers. Who can deny their potential? But I want to things

- Justice should be fair for all.
- Young talented tigers like Tamim should play in the domestic leage extensively and should not be exposed to test level until they are 23-25.

Thanks to BCB selectors for doing a fine job. Disgrace to the mentality, which prefers pinch hitting in the test match ignoring temperament.