View Single Post
Old May 14, 2004, 03:03 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnab
Yes, it does.

In fact, if you think about it, "agnosticism" has no bearing on beief/disbelief in God or supernatural.

An agnostic is a person who claims I don't know for sure. Well, by definition, every human being is an agnostic. Because, nobody can be 100% sure about everything.

An atheist, who is also an agnostic, finds the probabilty of the existence of something supernatural so low (much like the Ugandan white kid) that he finds it rational enough to claim to have no belief in anything supernatural.

So in the atheist's mind: Yeah, there COULD exist an Ugandan freakshow like that, Carmen Electra could be my f#$%-buddy, etc. , but I choose not to halluciante like that.
Hey, missing Carmen Electra as '....'-buddy for being an atheist is not a good idea, u should quit.

On a serious note, u urself have kinda stated what I had in my mind when I started the 'ism' stuff. It is this 'filling-up-the-blank' of-a-kind '...rational enough..." idea that makes an atheist necessarily a believer (in my definition of course), and not an agnostic. Disbelieving something is tantamount believing the opposite.