View Single Post
Old November 17, 2013, 10:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
I know you being an Aussie, your a bit worried about the future especially since you guys have such high expectations but I honestly wouldn't worry too much. Warner, Finch, Bailey, Hughes, Smith, Maxwell, Faulkner, Pattinson, Starc and Cummins are all good young players. They need a bit of time obviously but I see you guys bouncing back in Tests. After all Australia is still Australia. There's a reason why guys have been so good for so long.

I think England, India and South Africa will continue to rise as their structure will continue to churn out quality players.

I agree we're on the rise and we can only get stronger from here on out with more experience and maturity. Plus we have a lot of young talents coming up. So futures bright for us although the results aren't there to show in Tests just yet.

Even though Pakistan looks in disarray, they still have young up and coming players like Shafiq, Umar, Shehzad, Jamshed, Babar and Hammad Azam although selectors are doing their best in messing up these players but talent is there.

As for SL, NZ, WI, and Zim, I think there are a few more questions compared to the others since their pipelines don't seem to be as big as the others. Hope all of them can pull through.

Doing this analysis, I think the potential is there for these teams to pull the quality up in Tests, we'll have to play the wait and see game though. Hope the Test championship can help the competitiveness of Tests
it's strange to say but i think SL are in the best shape out of the lower lot (SL, NZ, WI, Zim). i'm optimistic about SL pulling up some batting talent and i reckon they'll find some good spin talent and they'll find pacers that are just good enough so they'll be a reasonably solid all round team i think. NZ has some talent bu i don't think they have as much or that their ceiling is as high, solid pacers but that's about it. WI pretty much only have some promising pace bowlers, there is shillingford and narine but narine is yet to prove himself in tests and shillingford just got reported again. darren bravo might become a good batsman, hard to see others coming through at this point. zim, well zim could be good if they had all their players but they don't and i think it's going to be a long road for their recovery.