View Single Post
Old November 18, 2013, 01:07 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
I agree SL looks to have the best out of this lot in the future. They might not be at the level that they once were but I feel they can be a mid table team in Tests.

I think WI will be a bit similar to SL, likely a mid table team in Tests.

NZ I think will be what they'll be now. A team that'll be a lower level Test team that'll battle hard with the big boys.

Zimbabwe could be good but unfortunately lot of their players have left and their board is in shambles. Hard to believe they'll continue to improve but they'll likely be a team that will always fight.
NZ will be to reliant on williamson, taylor, maybe ryder (if he makes it back and if he come be successful again) and the solid pacers. i don't really see any other quality batsman coming through atm and they don't have any spinners either.

SL i think can become a really good batting unit, but that's pure speculation because the youngsters haven't shown any sort of consistency but the talent is there. i also think they'll have a really good spin unit so on the right pitches and conditions i think they'll be very good but at other times they'll just be mediocre.

WI is similar to NZ in that neither really have much talent coming through, it's kind of what they've got already and they've got to wait for some younger guys to develop because the current guys going around aren't good enough. they have a couple of promising pacers though e.g. holder, beaton.

zimbabwe, well yeah, difficult to say, they certainly will always fight but they've got no truly world class players, they're all grit and determination. if they can get some talent coming through then they'll do alright since they're a true fighting team (like NZ).