Thread: Angels
View Single Post
Old March 12, 2004, 11:57 AM
ODI Cricketer

Default Angels

Here I will try to propose a few questions regarding Angels. We know that in the Quran angels are unseen creatures of light.

Thus if we link up our understanding of time and space, they must be travelling at the speed of light (or greater - if there is such a speed) in order to follow Allahs commands.

It takes many lightyears to travel from our galaxy to the next closest galaxy... travelling at the speed of light.

Thus if we assume that Angels are beings of light, then a question arises... are they travelling at the speed of light?

If so then it would take them many lightyears to convey the messages from Allah to his prophets. Consequently, this could mean that Heaven is actually closer to us, or otherwise Angels travel at a greater speed than the speed of light.

It could be neither of these cases and we would assume that they have such powers given by Allah in order that they are able to carry out his commands without the restrictions that we place on time and space.

Then there is this other subject of Angels taking on any form... The Quran states that Angels are able to take on any form they wish.

It is a well known scientific fact that matter and energy can be conversely created. If you have energy (light) you could create mass, likewise you can create energy from mass. I find this quite remarkable - this link between the Quran and modern physics.

Does anyone have their own opinions?

Forgive me if my questions are a little vague. And please, do not post another flame here, if you are offended by my inferior intellect, please do not bother posting, I am just trying to find out what other people think about Angels.

Thanks

[Edited on 12-3-2004 by Unknown]