Thread: Angels
View Single Post
Old March 12, 2004, 06:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Haha! Unknown raises a very interesting question.

So, what DO you take literally and what do you NOT take literally, eh? Who decides that? What is the rule to go by?

Look, being intentionally vague has a place in subjectice art and poetry, even if it is almost 1500 years old. I have no problem with that. But don't try to call it "scientific". Being as clear as possible IS "fundamental" to what science is.

The mistake YOU are making is you are trying to have a vague reconciliation between science and faith, which is not possible. You are not aware how science works. Or, may be you are, but just doing it for mental peace since you can't de-brainwash yourself. Or else why would you want me to believe that I will live 5000 years to drive my imaginary mach-4 car? That remark proved my point exactly. That there could be angels is as realistic as me surviving 5000 years. Neither is gonna happen, and I say that with 99.99999999....% certainty. I take that kind of certainty to be enough to reject the existence of angels, or the possibility that I will live 5000 years.

[Edited on 12-3-2004 by Arnab]