View Single Post
Old February 25, 2011, 10:55 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
That case, we should go back to associate level so that we can win more often. I doubt we can now even beat associates on regular basis if we are not playing at home!

In this tourny, Ireland have shown they are now shoulder to shoulder to both Bangladesh and Zimbabwe, and prolly should be considered favorite to win against both teams on neutral conditions (not to mention how strong they may on their own home ground!). It's becoming hard to justify why we enjoy full member status while Ireland is still an associate member of ICC!

how can ireland be shoulder to shoulder with both bangladesh and zimbabwe when zimababwe aren't anywhere close to us?

i don't count T20 cricket as any sort of benchmark. nor do i count that T30 match against Netherlands as a good indicator of 50 over skills; thats just more than half a match!

in that regard, Ireland lead us 1-0 on netural venues, its drawn 1-1 in Ireland, and we lead 4-0 at home. The sample size on neutral and away venues is too small to say that we wouldn't win the next 5 games against them.

#OneTeam1Dream