View Single Post
Old February 20, 2013, 08:51 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
You got that wrong nadim. Corey Richards was a batting coach for a long time before starting his role as fielding coach. Beside I have noticed most fielding coach also assist the batting coach. You only get one batting coach cant be every where.

Salahuddin used to help Tamim and others with batting during JS era.
Corey Richards named interim batting coach

Mohammad Isam
February 20, 2013

Bangladesh's newly appointed fielding coach, Corey Richards, will also act as the team's batting coach in the interim, while the BCB looks to appoint someone permanently for the role ahead of the Sri Lanka tour. The BCB had said they were searching for a batting coach "from England", but this has not yet materialised and is likely to take more time.

"At the moment I will be looking after [the] batting. It will be [a] dual role," Richards said. "I have done [the batting coach role] before. I am looking forward to mixing both roles in the side until the BCB tells me otherwise. I am just very excited to be here and work with this group of youngsters."

Richards' last assignment was as a batting coach for Cricket New South Wales (NSW) over the past two years. He was also the assistant coach to the Sydney Sixers for the past two seasons. Last year, he was the head coach of the team when they won the Champions League in South Africa, as regular coach Trevor Bayliss was with the Kolkata Knight Riders at the time.
more