ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Default Bangladesh's caution helped us - Sammy

Quote:
Bangladesh v West Indies, 1st Test, Mirpur, 5th day

Bangladesh's caution helped us - Sammy
Mohammad Isam in Mirpur
November 17, 2012

Bangladesh's watchful approach at the start of their chase of 245 gave West Indies the upper hand as the Mirpur Test moved towards a tight finish, according to Darren Sammy. He praised his team's attitude of not taking Bangladesh lightly, a factor he said had contributed to the 77-run win, especially after West Indies had conceded a 29-run lead in the first innings.

"Normally Tamim [Iqbal] goes after the new ball," Sammy said. "They always start off with a flier. But to see them coming out and leaving balls, I liked it. Had they got off to a flier, we would have had to pull back the game. I think it suited our plans the way they kept being tentative.

Read more..

© ESPN EMEA Ltd.
This is what happens when you get yourselves into a shell and instruct your premier batsmen to curve his natural instincts and play so defensively. We've seen number of times that Tamim always has difficulty when he slows things down and you know that he'll play a rash shot any moment. Why not let him be himself and play the ball on its merit as Utpal Shuvro described. Even a quickfire 50 from Tamim could have turned things around in this situation!