View Single Post
Old February 10, 2013, 09:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Its not like Shoaib and Lee bowled 150 all the time. They hit 145+ every match they played, but they went matches without touching 150.

With the likes of Steyn, Morkel, Anderson, Broad, Finn, Roach, Gul, Junaid, Southee, Bracewell, Brownlie, Starc, Pattinson, Cummins, and even the likes of Ishant and Yadav...there are quite decent pace bowling stocks in current day cricket.
it's true but what shoaib and lee did do is they hit the 150+ more often than other bowlers. they could bowls spells where they consistently hit 150 and that's something that doesn't really happen in current cricket as often imo, though tino is giving it a crack.

i'm not arguing quailty, pace stocks atm are pretty decent, especially when you lok at the depth of australia's stocks, and i'll also say i reckon there are more pacers in today's cricket that bowler faster more consistently and can hit the higher numbers but i do think lee and shoaib did it on a more regular basis. for example guys like siddle and johnson, starc etc, they can do it but it's pretty rare, they may hit it a handful of times through the whole summer whereas lee and shoaib were doing it most matches and usually more than a handful of times a match.