View Single Post
Old March 5, 2008, 10:16 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtylish cricketer
We don't know for a fact that if the aggressive players stay in they won't make more runs by being there. Why not try to learn the game the proper way? At least we will be decent.
I think we did try this but unfortunately in ODIs in the world cup, and some recent tests. It did not work out pretty well as we went too defensive, and were not able to get enough runs in the board. I think we have seen this that some of our players in the recently concluded test matches stayed in the crease for a while only to get out to a stupid shot.

I think controlled aggression is the way to go, may be Siddons can set some basic rules to be followed by the players for this purpose.
1) Do not "over hit" a bowler. Only one 4 or 6 in an over.
2) Do not try to hit balls outside offstump early in your innings. Avoid driving outside offstump deliveries specially when a plan is set out for you.
3) Take SINGLES, ROTATE strike
4) If you get to 30, limit your aggression till you get to 50. If you get to 50, then go for 70. If you get into 70s then make sure you get your 100.
5) Learn to defend the good balls. Learn to differentiate between good balls and bad balls.