View Single Post
Old May 19, 2011, 09:39 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: duh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrequiem
I won't comment on the religious aspect of the story (most of which I disagree with) ... but I will say this one thing. Allah Ta'ala is the all-knowing, all-understanding, omniscient, omnipresent, ever-forgiving, most merciful entity ... basically, something no humans can relate to. Why, then, will he be subject to petty human emotions such as vengeance, jealousy, "power-tripping?" What warrants the comparisons of such an incredible and unfathomable Power to parents who want obedience from kids (often just for the sake of obedience)? Every Sur'ah in the Qur'an starts with Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim, and I believe that whole-heartedly. Look up the 99 names of Allah, and tell me how many paint him as a, as Zee put it, Jigsaw-esque torturer. None. Just my two cents.
if you only focus on attributes such as mercy and forgiveness, then you are missing half the story. just like what Mo in the tale believed. in Islam we believe Allah is JUST. and a just entity can't only be merciful. such an ever forgiving and merciful god is what christian's believe in, not us Muslims. and to illustrate the point, this is what Allah himself says in Quran:

Know that Allah is Severe in punishment and that Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful (5:98)