View Single Post
Old January 6, 2010, 07:19 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahms
Saeed Rasel in place for Shafiul
SN for Imrul
Aftab for Rakibul before it is too late.

Shakib should take a break if he fails to perform in next match.
Why replace Raqib with Aftab? So that we get a scoreboard like 0/4? If you watched the game, Raqib didnt throw his wicket away, he got out to a good ball and a stunning catch. He was unlucky, while Aftab will just throw his wicket away. What I love about this new Bangladesh Batting line-up is, they try to fight it out till the end, almost everyone wants to build partnerships. A batsman with an avg of 30+ getting dropped for a batsman who averages 22 just because Raqib did bad in only a single game is insensible to say the least.

While, when Aftab and SN and Kapali were there the Bangladesh team rarely reached scores of 200 or played the full 50 overs, but now thanks to players like Tamim, Mushfique, Raqib, Shaqib, Naeem, Riyad and more responsible batting by Ashraful have made reaching scores of 200+ possible almost consistent. We dont need weak-minded attacking player like Aftab, who are bad at running between the wickets, who doesnt know how to build partnerships and are selfish enough to only care about themselves and not stick to their game plan. This Bangladesh Batting line up shows that almost every batsmen are aware of their roles in the team. I doubt we need some one like Aftab in the team.

IMHO, we dont need to make any changes in our batting line-up, maybe switch Imrul for SN( even that isnt needed really) and we dont need to worry about our spinners, what we need to do is find some good fast bowlers who can keep the runs in check for the first 10 overs. The quality of our present fast-bowling reminds me of the Shanto-Monju era. Its like we had gone back in time, instead of moving forward with our fast-bowlers and their quality

Last edited by dark mage; January 6, 2010 at 07:36 AM..