View Single Post
Old January 6, 2010, 02:57 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodlum
When Aftab plays we have more realistic chance of getting to 300.I really want him to be in the final 11 coz we need to go for the kill i.e score 300 runs if we have to bat first.

Its true that Aftab is not consistent but he still is one of the best and attacking batsman of Bangladesh.We have to rely on him to score big runs against the stronger teams.As you can see it doesnt matter if we score 230+ in a game coz the game has been far more competitive these days where even 300 runs isnt enough to defend.
But with him in the tyeam, we run the risk of bundled out in 180 runs. Infact, I have only seen Aftab play cameos of 30,or35s. If he was that good, his average would have been better. Infact, Raqib's done well against the better teams but not as well against the zimbos. I just dont trust Aftab and never will. Atleast we know Ashraful has the grit to settle down in the wicket and applies himself properly but I have never seen Aftab play with responsibilty, he always plays a qucikfire 30 odd klnock, then throws the wicket away. Tell me, with him in the team, have we ever reached 250+ scores frequently? Forget about reaching scores of 300. If he wants to play, he can play as an opener but not in the place of the only stabilising pillar in our whole trigger-happy batting-line up, prone to self-destruct and collapse on themselves.