View Single Post
Old February 25, 2008, 11:41 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtylish cricketer
It's a bit unfair to question someone's logic if you yourself totally twist things around illogically to say something that I did not say. I am not sure you understand what it means to play with pride. For selection, you need to be a good cricketer and have some talent that's a given but it is the other characteristics ie how much you care about the team, your contribution to the team, etc that make players better or worse than others. Anyway, sticking to technical aspect of the game, why should Tamim be dropped? What has he done to be dropped? Did you watch the game? 1st inning's out was a fluke. Second inning he got bowled to a good ball. Happens to the best of players against new ball. SN and Bashar are both out of form players. If they don't bat, they don't nothing else. Tamim is a live wire in the field unlike fat SN and slow unathletic Bashar. Tamim can at least raise the moral of a team by doing something in the field and you can only do that if you have pride. Yes, I would definitely want to have guys with pride and because they will play better than the ones that don't have pride. Name one good player, who is good that doesn't have pride. Tamim had earned the right to play at test by performing and I think at this moment he's far superior player both in terms of talent and execution than SN and Bashar. Tamim is never going to be a player who will play with great technique. He's a gifted player in the mould of Gilchrist and Jayasuriya. So there's no point analysing technique for that guy. Playing with pride means being stubborn and doing it wtv it takes to score runs. I don't see either Bashar or SN showing that. Aftab showed that he's willing to fight it out. Even though Tamim is a strokemaker he still adapts better than SN. Bashar, SN have no longer show that. Junaid, Aftab were exaggerating their leaves focusing on single deliveries. Bashar, SN swing at air, at wide balls.
First of all, there was no twisting of logic done by me. Were you not the one to quote that Tamim is filled with pretentious "pride" which would lead to magical comeback? And yes I do not know what you are talking about when you were using pretext of the word "pride". Is this the World wrestling Entertainment where "pride" has got to be the sole drive in deciding the prime candidate of a champion? Because as far as I know, WWE is quite different from cricket. You have also quoted that a good candidate for selection should also "have good characteristics" such as contribution to the team. Now my question is, are we looking for a cheerleader here or a player? And it seems you know awful lot about the player's inner character to make judgments on them. Again, are we associating WWE with cricket?

Now then, you want to avoid all these and then focus on the Technical aspects. You ask me whether I watched the game or not and then say the first inning dismissal of Tamim was a fluke. My question is, do you know anything about cricket? How the fricken hell do you call that a fluke? Are we again associating cricket with WWE? I guess Steyn must have bowled an illegal delivery, or why else would our ever so talented Tamim get out in such a dismal way? I mean having a thick inside edge on a normal inswinging delivery is unimaginable. And on the second innings, Im guessing he must have had a peach of a delivery to had his stumps shattered? I mean, who in the world could defend to a ball that was on an offstump line and swinging in? SN surely couldn't have survived such deliveries, he did get out to a pad first bat lbw,which is unimaginable in cricket. Now, this is funny, after your babbling rants about fielding and craps, I mean pride, you go on to state "Tamim is never going to be a player who will play with a great technique". Weren't you the first one to discuss on the topic of techniques? And now you want to avoid it? Way to go, I guess it is crazy to talk of the great Tamim's technical faults while it is perfectly ok to point out other's flaw. So Tamim is a real gifted player with ton's of "pride" and should not be worried about his techniques whats so ever? Haven't we heard that before? You know what, lets start evaluating each player by your "pride-meter" from now on. After all, you surely know about each player's personality and character than any of us.

My message, to you is simple, keep the pretentious half @$$ "expert analysis" to yourselves. And thank god selectors wont follow on what you have to say because both SN and Bashar will be playing, whether you like it or not. As of this stage, none of the bd players are not technically improved yet for the international stage. However, I do not know about their pride factor yet, as I do not know them personally yet. But seeing as you are an expert on that field, I guess you can help out on that.