View Single Post
Old June 22, 2019, 11:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasin.
My father passed away four months back.

I have difficulty in opening up to people. Alhumdulillah I do get along with a lot of people but I feel that i just on the surface level.

Just turned 30, and looking back it seems like life was just one thing after another. School, University, Job, Get married, Child -- I don't have anything to complain about. Comparing my life to dads, would show me to be an entitled ungrateful person. He has risen from poverty and has done enough for his family and for his extended family and for strangers.

I have a very good and more important meaningful job, extremely supportive family -- but I still feel lost. As if life is meaningless.

Not saying religion is the solution -- but yes I have veered away from religion, and was more content when I had 'deen' in my life.

Just blabbering rubbish here -- may Allah make it easy for me.
Very sorry to hear about your loss. May Allah make it easy for you.

Recently I have listened to the following lecture series - you may too - I have found it to be very helpful.

Atheism and the Crisis of Faith - Dr. Nazir Khan
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.

Last edited by ToBeFair; June 22, 2019 at 10:30 PM..