View Single Post
Old November 10, 2006, 09:46 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

1886 Football was invented at Rutgars. For the first time since 1926 Rutgar defeated a top five team. They have to be recognized. After being 7-25 hole in the first half against the nations second ranked offense I was worried. Howbout them Scarlet Knights. They shutout Louisville's high powered offense in the second half. Scored 21 unanswered points. 2 touchdowns, 2 field goals and a 2 point conversion.

As for respect, Louisville, Rutgars, W. Virginia all are good football teams. three great ones' I would add. But this is Rutgars first top 25 team that they faced this season. And as for Louisville they only faced W. Virginia and Rutgars. Same goes for W. Virginia. They will not face any ranked opponents in this season. As for Big east, the soft schedule will allow them to get to a BCS bowl, but not in any championship game for sure. As for Rutgars, Dec 2nd they will visit W. Virginia. Now that would be a true Big east championship game which most probably they will lose.

SEC:
For Florida (#6, highest ranked this season #2), they have played Tennessee(13), LSU(9), Auburn(11). They have Florida State and then SEC championship game. This is on top of an SEC killer schedule which has seen Alabama, Georgia and will face S Carolina.

Auburn (5, highest ranked this season #2), they have played Florida (2), LSU (6), Arkansas, will play Goergia and Bama. Will face Florida (6) again if they go to championship game.

LSU (#12, Highest ranked #6), they played Florida(5), Auburn (3), Tennessee (8). Will face Alabama, Arkansas (11).

Tennessee (#13, highest ranked #8), they destroyed Cal (9) and Georgia (10) lost to Florida (7) by 1 point and to LSU (13) on a last 10 second touchdown pass. They still have Arkansas (11) to play.

Arkansas (#11, highest ranked #11), they have beat Bama at home, beat Vandy, South Carolina at their field and destroyed Auburn at Auburn (2). They lost to USC (3). They will play Tennessee (13) and LSU (12) and may end up playing Florida (6) in the SEC championship game.

Similar story in PAC 10. Cal will face minimum of 4 top 25 ranked teams. USC 5. Oregon 3.

Big ten: Ohio State will face 4, Michigan 2 (Notre Dame and Ohio State).

Comparing to these schedules W. Virginia, Rutgars, Louisville schedule looks like cup cake for sure. Similar to Wisconsins. Had they been in SEC, week after week, the type of the opponents would just take a toll on these teams for sure. Specially Louisville. A minimum of 3 loss season would be the norm. As I said, offense gets the glory but defenses wins championships. Look at St. Louis Rams, Colts. And then look at New England and Pittsburg.

This is no way to take away the effort the Scarlet knights have put up in the field. They believed in themselves. They just wanted more than the cardinals yesterday. My hats off to them. Stenton is waiting.