View Single Post
Old October 15, 2016, 08:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Roey, I have a question for you: Who was the First Bangladeshi batsmen to score double ton in Tests and against whom?
That would be CONfiqur Rahim. And vs Sri Lanka. But Ashraful also made 190 in that same match. Should Ashraful be recalled back then?

But I actually am on the fence about including COnfiqur in the test squad. I guess at this point I am leaning more towards him being included (BUT NOT AS THE WK, WK should be someone else).

But in ODIS? Absolutely NOT! We cannot waste a spot on a CONman. We need a proper WK. And we have Anamul,Liton and Mithun waiting on the ranks. The worst of these 3, Mithun, will still be a better batsman over time IF given the same number of chances as CONfiqur. That's the part I don't understand, haven't you followed Bd Cricket over the years? Don't you remember CONfiqur being a total hack, pissing his pants vs any fast bowler? And now, you (not you in particular) are hesitant to mold someone new, who will come on stronger than CONfiqur and won't drop as many chances.